IntroductionYour privacy is important to us. It is Loopin's policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, https://letsloopin.com, and other sites we own and operate as well as our app, which we operate through Slack and Teams.Please review this privacy notice carefully and check it regularly, as it may change from time to time.Who are we?Loopin SAAS Ltd trading as Loopin is:
• The Processor for the large majority of the personal information we process through the operation of our app, which we will do as a service for your employer or the organisation you represent; and
• the Controller for any personal data collected through our website, other than through the app, and for the small amount of personal data we collect when we set up and manage your account on our app.
We can be contacted at:101 Victoria St, Redcliffe, Bristol BS1 6PU Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat information do we collect?Information we collect by automated means. When you visit our website, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as your device’s IP address, type of internet browser, actions taken on the site, and the date, time and duration of your visit. We may also receive information from Slack in the course of your use of the app or in the course of the operation of the app as part of Slack’s automated processes.Personal data you provide to us through our website. If you use any forms on our website to contact us, we will collect your name, email address, company name, telephone number and any other personal data you voluntarily provide to us.Personal data you provide to us when you engage us to provide services to you or your employer. Where you engage us to provide any services to you or your employer we will collect your name, email address, company name, telephone number and data relating to our engagement with you such as the services being provided and the price and payment terms/method agreed.Personal data you provide us to set up and manage your account on our app. We will usually require your name, email address and a password to set up and manage your account. We are the controller of that data.Personal data you provide us when you use our app. Any information you input through your use of the app, including mood data, and additional comments, is information that we process as processor, and your employer, or the organisation you represent will be the controller.How Do We Use Personal Information?We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share, or sell your data without your consent, unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice.Please note that we may use depersonalised information we collect through our website and through the app to develop and improve our products, and to provide analyses and reports. This information will not be capable of identifying either our clients or any person.Information we collect by automated meansWe process the data collected when you visit our website;
• to deliver personalisation of content and user experience when you visit our website;
• to collect statistical data on the number of people who visit our website, and how they use the site, in order to help us to administer and improve the site;
• for troubleshooting in the event that you or we encounter a problem with our website;
• for the purposes of data analysis and ensuring network security.
Personal data you provide to us through our websiteWe process your personal data submitted via our Contact us form;
• to respond to queries you have submitted to us
• to further our business relationship with you
• to communicate with you occasionally about topics that we believe may be of interest to you where you have requested that we do so or where these relate to similar topics or services to those which we have provided to you previously and you have not opted out of receiving these
• to provide documents or information you may request
• for job applicants, to determine potential suitability for employment and to follow up with you to discuss your application.
Personal data you provide to us when you engage us to provide services
• to engage with you as a client and to perform our contract with you;
• to engage with you as an employee of our client and to perform our contract with your employer;
• to deliver our services to you, including the management of payments, fees and charges;
• to send you information about other products or services which we may offer which we think may be of interest to you; and to administer your account.
Personal data you provide us when you set up a user account with us.We process your personal data to set up, and manage your account.Personal data you provide us when you use our services as an authorised user.We process personal data you input through our app for the purposes of providing a service to the organisation you represent or your employer, under a contract. We do not use this personal information for our own purposes.Personal data provided to us by Slack in the course of your use of the app, or the operation of the app.We process personal data provided to us by Slack from time to time. This may be data that is provided to us as a package with data we require (covered by the categories above), or it may be data provided to us as part of an automated process. If we do not require it for operation of the app, or otherwise for the provision of our services, we will delete it promptly.We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us. If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law. This may include removing you from our marketing database where there has been no interaction between us over a prolonged period.If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, please email email@example.comPlease note that where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with the services that you request). In this case, we may have to cancel a service you have requested but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.What Legal Basis Do We Have for Processing Your Personal Data?We process your personal data collected through automatic means when you visit our website based on our legitimate interests in improving our website.We process the personal data you provide to us through our website based on our legitimate interests in responding to your queries, delivering our services to you, partnering with you as a supplier or in connection with our recruitment activities.We process the personal data you provide to us when you engage us to provide our services to you or your employer for the performance of our contract with you and in accordance with our legitimate interests.We may also process your personal data where we are legally obliged to do so.When Do We Share Personal Data?We may share your personal data with suppliers who provide services on our behalf, such as website development, responding to your enquiries, delivering our services or furthering our relationship with you. We have contracts in place with our data processors to ensure that they hold your personal information securely and process it only in accordance with our instructions and in line with the principles of the GDPR.We may also share your personal data:
• Where it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, including where you have asked us to do so or where we need to take steps to enforce any contract which may be entered into between us.
• Where we are under a legal duty to do so in order to comply with any legal obligation.
• In order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our employees and workers, customers, suppliers and others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
• If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data that we hold about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
We will not sell your personal data. We will not otherwise disclose your personal data to third parties unless we are required to do so by law enforcement or regulatory authorities.How Do We Secure Personal Data?We take your privacy seriously and maintain appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data and safeguard your rights. Personal data is stored securely and is not transferred outside the United Kingdom and/or European Economic Area.The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We urge you to take every precaution to protect your personal data when you are on the internet.For How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?We do not keep personal data any longer than is necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this privacy notice, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements and records are securely and permanently destroyed according to our data retention policy, which you can request from us by contacting us.If you are an authorised user, we will delete or destroy your personal data on the termination of our contract with you or your employer and/or the closing of your account with us, Slack, Microsoft Teams and/or similar provider.We do, however, retain anonymised data which is derived for the data that you have submitted to us when we provided the service to you. Such anonymised data does not include any personal data and you will not be able to be identified from such data. The anonymised data is mood and emotion data only and it will be retained by us to develop systems to produce analytics of the use of the service by our customer, the authorised users and other customers and their users, which may be based on or derived from posts or materials contributed by users or customers.To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.Your Rights in Relation to Personal DataWhere we are the processor of your data under a contract with your employer or the company you represent, you should contact them in the first instance in relation to any of your rights.You have the right to:
• Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a data subject access request). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data that we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
• Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data that we hold about you corrected, although we may need to verify the accuracy of the new personal data that you provide to us.
• Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your personal data unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Please note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
• Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your personal data, which override your rights and freedoms.
• Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
• Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
• Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the “unsubscribe” (or similar) links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time. Where you opt out of receiving these marketing messages, this will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of our engagement to provide a service or other transaction.
Try Loopin completely free
We know how important our tool is for managers like you. Get instant access today.